Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Bits and pieces

At work, I always have to give the editors page proofs of our newsletters. And on each one, I write '1st proof' or '2nd proof'. One of our editors is gay. I'm so afraid that one day I'll accidentally write '3rd poof'.

I just went to see Lior perform at the Vanguard in Newtown. Personally, I think he's the real deal. From talking with the people I went with, I guess he's not going to be to everyone's taste. Imagine a Jason Mraz/Josh Kelley type with Middle Eastern influences. That's the best that I can think of. Eclectic, emotional, with a voice that just blew me away. At least give it a go...

My favourite songs at the moment are (in no particular order):
This old love - Lior
Gamble everything for love - Ben Lee
Somebody told me - The Killers
Wasting time - Thirsty Merc

An album I'd like to buy but as yet have no money to:
Forever young - Aberfeldy

I just saw a man on Dave Letterman try to eat 44 dozen oysters in an hour to break the world record. He fell short at 40 dozen. For that effort he got a $25 voucher at a seafood restaurant.

I swear the mirror in my bathroom makes me look better than I do in any other mirror. I also swear that I'm not as vain as I sound.

You know what... I'm doing good. No money. But all smiles...

No comments: