Monday, July 17, 2006

I lost my internet connection a couple of weeks ago, which is not that bad a thing, except that it happened on a night when I needed the internet to send off an application. But the application wasn't so important, seeing as though I felt it rather unlikely that I would get a positive response. So it wasn't so bad after all. What am I trying to say? No much.

On the other hand, this gives me a perfect opportunity to upgrade to broadband. This (I know) will turn me into a pirate (because I am weak) and I hate that. But I will do it anyway. i'll be downloading my 10GB limit every month, I'd say.

Speaking of pirates, I watched Superman Returns last week. That has nothing to do with pirates as such, but it does give me a convenient entry point to say that I also watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, whch I personally thought was better than Superman. It was still a somewhat awkward middle movie (it's a trilogy and part 3 will have Chow Yun Fat in it!) but fun nonetheless.

With no internet and no Xbox in the meantime (I lent the Xbox to a friend for further pirate activity) I have been reading books and have now started my project of trying to watch every single movie that Johnny Depp has been in.

So far, I have seen:
Edward Scissorhands
Ed Wood
Sleepy Hollow
Finding Neverland
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
From Hell
Pirates 1
Pirates 2
Dead Man
Once Upon a time in Mexico
Chocolat
The Ninth Gate
Donnie Brasco
Benny and Joon
Nightmare on Elm Street

There's a long way to go.

And last night I had leftovers for dinner. And then I read a book and then I played a new computer game (well new to me) called Heroes of Might and Magic V for way too long. And then I went to bed.

These are exciting times.

PS. My friend is organising to get me an old laptop so I can take it anywhere and do more writing. If this doesn't turn me into a better, more productive writer, then nothing will. This has little to do with anything that I've been speaking about. So I thought I'd tack it at the end.

No comments: