Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I just downloaded the Kooks' album and am listening to it.

This is what I'm doing.

I'm bored. And a little anxious. A little worried.

I have a buzz from just having played basketball. We won. We're just too good for the competition. We win even when we play crap. There's just one team that we reckon can beat us.

I use up a lot of my head space with playing guitar and singing and writing songs. But I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time. And money. And effort.

I don't think I have any discernable social skills left. I can't small talk. I can't chat up girls. I say and do stupid things when I'm drunk.

I think all my friends have left or are leaving. Well... not all...

I think I'm in a bad spot job/career-wise. I'm surrounded by people that I don't do any work for. I'm in the team and I'm not. It's getting awkward. My boss is disorganised.

I think Mean Girls is better than Clueless. The girls are hotter.

That makes me feel old. Everything makes me feel old.

The Kooks have a few good songs but it's not as good as I expected.

That's called disappointment, I think.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your performance on Saturday 17th was anything to go by you are definitely not wasting your efforts. Thanks for the fab performance and making am amazing night even more memorable :-)

jodeska said...

Do you play at KGV?

Btw- you really need to update more...What do the Kooks sound like?

xtn said...

Thanks Mon! :) I'm glad you and Phi liked the performance. We were getting worried before the night, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! A couple of glasses of red did the trick ;)

Joeii, thanks for dropping by! Yup, I play at KGV. Have you seen me there?

I bumped into Johnny on the train a few weeks ago and I recognised him from that one random appearance at my bday 3 years ago.

I was gonna say that you need to update more too, but then you kinda have...

The Kooks sound a lot like the Libertines. Or a Brit version of the Strokes... and I've probably been a bit quick to dismiss them. They're pretty good. Just somewhat similar to a lot of other 'it' pop bands around.

Beckster said...

Is there a clip floating on youtube somewhere of the infamous wedding performance xtn? I heard it was impressive, to say the least :)

jodeska said...

My friend plays there and just wondering if you'd come head to head one day.... you know, the whole 6 degrees without even knowing it...

I can't believe you recognised Johnny... I seem to run into Dre every couple or years weirdly...

Downloading The Kooks now - verdict to come..

Anonymous said...

hey xtn- lemme know when you're playing please. i'd love to come see!

sdlkfjsd;lkfweoif;jsdk said...

told you you'd like them :p