Tuesday, December 07, 2004

3x7
__________

Signs my life is going good

1. I found new work.

2. I keep bumping into old high school friends. And I do mean ‘friends’. Not just people I went to school with who pretend to like me because we share a circumstantial bond.

3. I lose $80 and I’m not all that upset.

4. I go drinking and dancing and I have a great time despite it not being my own birthday party.

5. There are good TV shows and movies on again. Joan of Arcadia is the type of show I wish I had written. Garden State is a movie I wish I had written. I wish I had written a lot of things.

6. Buffy DVDs are ridiculously cheap.

7. The Happy Cup girl is back.

__________

Things I found while I was cleaning out my desk at Science Press

1. Two packets of SunSilk shampoo samples.

2. An invite to a 21st birthday party. That person is now 25 going on 26.

3. Two empty cans of Slim Fast.

4. One half-full can of Slim fast.

5. Sixty-seven CDs.

6. An envelope full of slides that we should have sent back to the picture library three years ago.

7. Six or seven hand drawings of baboons in various poses.

__________

Things about my first day at my new job

1. My pass photo looks like one of those shots of Iraqi prisoners who claim that they haven’t been beaten up by their captors

2. The toilet smells like Fanta.

3. There’s a hell of a lot of women on my floor. Most of whom have sons.

4. Macintosh computers are stupid. A one-button mouse is even stupider.

5. I think I will like my job.

6. I bump into someone I know on the way back from lunch.

7. Easyway girls just don’t measure up to a Happy Cup girl.

No comments: