Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I caught up with an old friend. Who's also a friend's ex. But by now, calling her that is unfair. It was a good catch up. She's mellower now. Still a bundle of energy but much more self aware now. She's a great girl. We had coffee at the same place where we caught up the last time. It's the same place I used to go with my own ex, as well as a few other people, who I suppose are someone's ex's. There was a time when I thought this place would close. It was a rumour I heard from another friend (who incidently is now back with her ex) that turned out to be bogus. It's still there. I still go there. And I'd hate the day when I say 'there's this place I used to go to...' I suppose I sound like I'm lamenting lost things. People. Places Whatever. I know. Things come and go and then you move along. etc. But I love old things. I love the look back. Ten ayears ago. Five years ago. Five minutes ago. Whenever. It's not that the rear view mirror is 20-20. It isn't. It's poetry. It's your head's concoction of reality. And for someone who loves to write, it's gold. So I'm not lamenting. I'm just telling myself stories. Reading myself poetry. And sure I used to go to that place with people that I no longer go anywhere with. But there's always more to be had. Good and bad. More poetry to listen to. So I'm still there. And it's still there. And thank God they still make good chai.

_____

I've been listening to a lot of very mellow music lately (mostly Ryan Adams, of course) but things are shifting and I'm beginning to listen to the Killers and the Darkness and even some Aerosmith so before I forget, I thought I'd list some of what I think are the all-time greatest mellow songs. You won't find any chill-out music or Coldplay on this list!

1. Come pick me up - Ryan Adams
2. Everybody here wants you - Jeff Buckley
3. A long December - Counting Crows
4. ... ahhh, I'll do this list later

_____

This sucks. Chris was good. Now he's gone. Let's hope Dan stays a long time. Now I'm talking Idol, people. Please keep up.

_____

I watched Dancing with the Stars tonight with my mum. It's one of my favourite activities of the week. I look forward to it. She feeds me. Tonight was pizza. Then we talk about ballroom dancing and B-grade stars. It's fun.

_____

New Updates from H&O

No comments: