Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Idol Power Rankings Week 4

It’s like self-administered torture, really.

I watch these shows and every week I complain about something or other. Tonight, I’ll probably get pissed off about Dawn Fraser staying on Dancing with the Stars. At least on that show, the judges are pretty fair and accurate.

Last night, Laura left Idol and I’m going to say similar things as what I said last year when Amali and Dan left the show.

Laura was the only attractive female left in the lineup and now she’s gone. Anne, I suppose, is alright-looking too and she will stay hopefully. Kate would be if she wasn’t fat and… well, I think that’s it.

The guys this year are far more compelling and yet they’re struggling too. How the hell did James and Daniel end up in the bottom 3?!

I know, Laura wasn’t the best singer. But she was no worse than Milly or Roxanne. Surely she has more entertainment value than those two!

Anyway, for the rest of the competition, I’m starting a weekly Idols Power Rankings, in the direction of how I think the public are moving (somewhat swayed by the judges’ opinions). Following that will be my own opinions and in brackets will be my own rankings for their week’s performance.

Week 4

1. Dan – seems to be untouchable at the moment. While I agree that he does have the best voice in the competition, his ‘We will rock you’ was pretty ho hum. (5)

2. Emily – jumped up a notch this week. Personally, I thought she sucked. She made Queen like Queen Latifa. Personally I think she’s just another stock standard R&B singer who cries every week for votes. Like Amelia last year, she’s constantly pulling the single mum card. I appreciate that being a single mum isn’t easy but there are plenty of single mums out there who don’t break into tears every week to get votes. (7)

3. Anne – another R&B voice. I like her though. (2)

4. Lee – likeable guy and adds spice and value to the show. (1)

5. Daniel – I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that his bottom three status was an aberration. I’d place him in the Top 3 if I was deciding. Probably looks too much like a cross between last year’s Dan and Shannon Noll for his own good. Marcia was spot on. He sounds just like Ian Moss. (3)

6. Roxanne – GET HER OUT! She sucks. She sounds like a chipmunk. How did she even make the Top 13! Oh, yeah, she got a lifeline from the judges. (9)

7. Kate – sings alright, looks sorta butch. She can’t last more than two more weeks, surely. (6)

8. Milly – sucks also. And looks like Celine Dion. Why the hell is she still in. Urgh. (8)

9. James – likeable, if a little camp, guy with relatively good looks, good voice and good moves. I don’t get why no one votes for him. (4)

No comments: