Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Talking with Sleepwalker 23.05.07 7:24pm or thereabouts

Sometimes you frustrate me.

Other times, it's really nice and I laugh.

It's good to laugh.

Although some consistency would be nice.

But I guess that's not what I like about you.

And I do.

- What is that? A song? A poem?

- Maybe.

- It sucks.

- Thanks.

- You use 'nice' too much.

- I like 'nice'.

- I can see that.

- I'm not much of a poet.

- I can see that too.

- You're not nice.

- We can't all be.

There was this fat guy on the train who was trying to pick up these two girls. One of them was cute.

- And the other one?

- Stop interrupting.

So he asks them what nationality they are and the cute one says she's 'Aussie'. And the other one...

- The ugly one?

- I didn't say she was ugly.

- Was she fat?

...and the other one says the same thing and then he says 'I thought youse was lebo. Are you lebo?' and they say no and he says that he's 'half lebo' and they giggle and try to ignore him. Somehow though, he worms his way into sitting with them.

I mean, he's fat and he's unattractive.

- What are you trying to say? Did you want to sit with them?

- They were probably 18.

- So did you?

Anyway, then he says 'State of Origin is on tonight' and the cute one says 'Oh cool, who's playing?'

- Hey that's pretty funny. So what did the ugly one say?

- Nothing.

- So she was ugly.

- I didn't...argggh!

But they got up and told him that they were getting off next stop.

- And?

He let them go at first. But then he went up after them but they were gone. They didn't get off at the next station either.

- How did you know?

- Because I got off at the next station. And they weren't there.

- So you're saying they must have changed carriages or something just to get away from him?

So the girls were just... yeah, what you said.

- You liked that, didn't you?

- Actually, yes.

- That's not very nice.

- We can't all be.

And so as we walked home he asks 'what are you going to do about this?' and I say 'what?' and he says 'you know...' and I say that I want to go to sleep.

Sleepwalker says that I always say that when I don't want to talk about something.

And I tell him that he's right.

But that I really do want to go to sleep as well.

No comments: