Monday, May 17, 2004

xtn goes a little daft

There's nothing like going into a train station at 1:00am to find that your next train comes in 58 minutes and all your friends have already gone home in their cars. I was so tempted to go to Karaoke world for an hour of singing by myself but I figured that I'd need at least 58 minutes for the singing itself, let alone the walk to and from there. I also figured that it would be a very sad thing to do.

So instead, for no particular reason other than to waste time, I decided to walk all the way from Martin Place to Town Hall along George Street. Along the way I was tailing three homeless persons and one homie person a bit further in front. Walking in the same direction, but on the other side of the street, was what may or may not have been a homely person. Why she would be out at that time, I don't know. The highlight of the walk was when one of the homeless persons picked up something that fell from the pocket of one of the other homeless persons.

I didn't end up wasting that much time after all. The train was still 45 minutes away from Town Hall when I got there.

Sitting down on a bench at Platform 4 of Town Hall station for 45 minutes might sound like fun to you but let me tell you, it's not. It's pretty much like sitting for 44 minutes on Platform 6 at Town Hall Station and it's also comparable to a 47-minute wait on Platform 16 at Central.

With so much time on my hands, an uncomfortable bench to sit on and all the thoughts that I didn't want to be ruminating about, I started to think about how wonderful a person I am. I listed all my good qualities, as well as some more questionable traits that could be given a positive spin in the right light.

My mental lists confirmed what I had always suspected - that there is indeed no one as infinitely superior in every way as I. I am just nicer, more intelligent, more interesting and more humble than everyone else I know.

So next time you have dinner with someone or you're at a party and you feel bored but you don't know why, well let me tell you why:

It's because I'm not there.

Now that all that's been said, I'd like to know why someone from New Zealand looked up 'xtn blogspot' on Google. Who's in New Zealand that I know?

No comments: