Friday, July 30, 2004

Miss C

I thought I had one more depressing blog entry in me but I’m gonna hold it off. This blog can do without it. But perhaps I shall turn it into a thinly disguised piece of ‘fiction’ should I need to let it out sometime in the future. So anyway...

One of my favourite memories was my 21st birthday party (with Lil) where we Buffied, danced and sang into adulthood. It was just such a fun party for me and probably something I can never quite do ever again. Our innocence and licence to be silly in public (well, among friends) is gone forever. I’m just glad that I was able to indulge in it when I could.

But a fun memory from that party was when my friend Alwin mentioned in his speech that I had, at that time, um… befriended a 17 year-old girl through IRC (hey, for me it was a phase that is well and truly dead, OK?!). Well it was all fun and games until I pointed out that the girl in question was actually standing right behind him. She got even more red than her then underaged drinking activities that night had made her.

It was very nice of her to come. I appreciated it. And I repaid her by NOT coming to her 21st (sorry…) um… 4 years later. But the greatest gift she ever gave me was to introduce me to Habib’s (Cnr. Greenfield Pde and Restwell St, Bankstown) and to all those that know me well, you would know that Habib’s charcoal chicken now constitutes about a quarter of my regular diet (yes, the chicken and garlic sauce is THAT good!) There is so much I owe her for.

Anyway, just last night I met up with her again at Habib’s. Four years later, our age gap has crept into respectability. We’ve grown up. But we still have stuff to yack about. And neither of us is on IRC anymore. She remembers a lot, remarkably (I remember almost nothing, regrettably).

And it was fun to catch up. Really fun.

So here’s hoping it’s not gonna be another 4 years.

And thank you very very much for the chicken.

From the bottom of my heart (somewhere close to the stomach).

No comments: