Monday, August 09, 2004

I have good taste.

I know this.

Today, watching essential television that is the Miss Teen USA Pageant 2004, my own personal top 3 from the beginning of the show (still 51 delegates) ended up finishing 1,3 and 4 (Louisiana, Nevada and Tennessee respectively). Last year, my pick ended up winning too (Oregon).

I didn’t watch this year’s Miss Universe (despite Australia winning) but as far as I can remember, the Miss Universe delegates are usually far more refined with their answers to questions compared to their Miss Teen USA counterpart. All their responses were littered with ‘like’ and ‘you know’. Louisiana’s answer to everything was that she was being herself (which, I suppose isn’t so bad considering…) while Tennessee’s favourite book is ‘The Great Gapsby’ and her hero is her brother who is in the air force – because he ‘lays his line on the life’ every day.

Hawaii was also a hottie. Somehow she escaped my radar at the start. Just thought I’d mention that.

Meanwhile, why are so many girls/women in the spotlight getting so skinny? Screw the health reasons for a moment. It just looks bad. Buffy looked better when she had more meat on her. And if the Olsen twins ate more, they’d at least be trolls with nice figures. Brandy performed at the Miss Teen USA pageant and she’s gone skinny too. She used to look fit and athletic. It’s such a shame.

King Arthur the movie was a big let down. Another shame. I looked forward to it. I’m a big fan of Clive Owen and they stuffed it. They wanted to make it historic but they only went halfway and the result comes across as a B-Grade Braveheart. Should have just done a remake of Excalibur and put Peter Jackson, Sam Raimi or Gore Verbinski at the helm. Magic, melodramatic music and fancy armour and swords would have been better. They could have just used existing LOTR footage of Gandalf for Merlin and dubbed over the words. That would have been better than this. Although, Stellan Skarsgard was fantastic as Cedric of the Saxons. Such a big presence.

No comments: