Thursday, March 24, 2005

I don’t know what to make of it, but I’m feeling strangely happy. Or at least content. At the very least. I can tell because my car is playing Aerosmith and Kid Rock. Out with the bad air. In with the loud guitars and the White trash shouting.

I feel a slight change in the air. I have a job that pays me little more than peanuts but at the best of times can make me giddy with grateful appreciation. I love the work. I love the people. I love how it makes me feel.

I feel like I haven’t been able to feel anything lately. I’m getting guitar lessons but I can’t concentrate or get into it. I say I’m writing a novel but I can’t get into that either.

I haven’t done anything that I deem productive for a long while. I don’t know why. I feel like I’ve been displaying symptoms of depressed. Except that I’m happy, which is weird. I’ve wasted so much time on the computer or playing Xbox. I’ve eaten so much bread over the past month, but that probably has nothing to do with anything.

Maybe it’s the insomnia.

But it’s slowly lifting I think. The fog that is. I don’t know. Whatever. Maybe. All I know is that Mr Tyler never comes out when I’m unhappy.

__________

Has anyone been watching X-Factor? Like Kate, I think Jakey B is the real deal. He’s young and still has a long way to go. But he’s got more personality and charisma than all the past Australian Idol finalists put together. And OK, he looks like a young Detective Goren trying to dress and like Ryan Adams. But It’ll be a real shame if he doesn’t win. I hope Australia gets it right this time.

I’ll be voting for you, Jakey B.

No comments: