Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Love(tt) is in the air

A couple of weeks ago, a friend was saying that this girl was looking to meet new guys and so I said ‘Cool, bring her out.’ And he says ‘She’s a nurse.’ And I say ‘Cool, bring her out.’ And then he tells me that she actually remembers me. We met something like two years ago at my birthday party. The one with the cage and stuff. Anyway, then he tells me to forget it. I didn’t make a good impression on her. Which is fair enough since I didn’t even remember her at all. He says I’m not her type. I ask him why.

Her reasons:

‘He’s too tall, too smooth and too wild.’

Wow.

That’s outrageous.

That’s the best lack of interest I’ve ever gotten.

The best bad impression I’ve ever made.

That’s like a guy leaving my basketball team because I’m too tall, too good and too flashy.

I’ll take that.

__________

Interestingly enough, I told this story to another friend of mine and she laughed.

‘You? Smooth?’ *uncontrollable laughter*

Yeah, thanks Gina.

I thought it was just the ‘wild’ bit that was off.

What?

Oh piss off. You can all go to hell!

__________

Speaking of tall, smooth and wild, Sleepwalker says you should listen to Lyle Lovett’s ‘Road to Ensenada’. The coolest and smoothest album I’ve listened to since… um… I dunno. I don’t tend to listen to music that sounds cool. But seriously, ignore the hair and the face and the history with Julia Roberts. This guy is witty and oozing with charm and attitude. He’s the coolest cat in cowboy boots. He’s like the Snoop Dogg of country music.

But without the hos.

No comments: