Friday, May 19, 2006

xtn takes the rubbish out

I hope you get to read this eventually. Or else it should be pretty obvious from how I act around you. It shouldn’t really come as much of a surprise anyway.

As far as I know, we’re square now. And if we’re not, you can tell me and I’ll square it off. And then with that, we’re done. I will not be associating myself with you from this point forth.

Here’s what you did:

- You walked out on us.

- You didn’t tell us about it, which consequently prevented us from even going ahead without you.

- You then stole two of us over to your side (which I guess explains why you didn’t tell us).

- When you eventually wrote us your ‘apology’, you left out details and ultimately claimed that what you did was for our own good.

- The details you left out were who you were going to and who you’re dragging with you. (By now you should know that in our circles, information like this runs freely. It’s whether you want to own up to it or not that separates the decent human being from the dickhead.)

If you had had enough of us and wanted to walk out, that’s fine. No grudges would have been taken. But just be a man and tell us to our faces. Don’t drag the rest of us down in your misery. We’re supposed to be your friends. Who the hell would actually risk friendships over this? It’s ridiculous! You’re a sad spineless little man for what you’ve done here.

If you read this and feel any sort of guilt or regret, then good for you. But if you think you’re in the right and I’m just victimising you like you always think we’re doing, then screw you.

And now, I suppose, having called you spineless, I should justify myself for why I’m doing this in blog form, rather than to your face. Here are my reasons.

- I wish to have no further dialogue with you. At this point I do not ask for or want an apology or explanation or retort of any sort from this. This is one-way rant.

- This is what you would do in my place, so it’s almost poetic… and I’m just petty enough to go there.

- I think you deserve a public slagging.

Whatever you think of those reasons, I really couldn’t care less.

I realise that I will still see you around, and probably often, because we float in common circles. At these occasions you can expect a level of civility and courtesy as is fit for any human being. But anything beyond this, you should not be holding your breath for.

The worse thing to me about all this is that while the other guys I’ve spoken to are miffed by what you’ve done, I know at the end of the day you will get away with this and they will forgive and forget. Because they always do. Because they’re great guys who always let you get away with things for one reason or another.

Here’s the thing. You have great friends. I know because they are mine as well. So please learn to appreciate that. Because if you pull more of this kind of crap on them, eventually you will lose them too and you will have no one. Kindness and friendships can only stretch so far.

I have little else to say at this point so I will close with these parting words.

I thank you for whatever friendship we did once have. I can’t say we were great friends but we were friends no doubt. I thank you for the extended credit. It was generous and appreciated. I thank you for all our years of playing together. We had some hard times, but we had some cracking good times too. Some of the best memories of my late youth.

But really, seriously, what you’ve done here is ridiculous.

No comments: