Thursday, November 11, 2004

The good

It’s been good the past week. I’m happy. I’ve been recalled to life. I’m finally leaving ye old Marrickville. It feels like I’ve just been released from prison. A huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

It had gotten to the point where I’ve been dreading every single morning and every single Sunday night.

And in three weeks, I’ll be free of that negativity.

I really needed this.

Thank you.

The bad

No matter how much I loathe my current work, I have to say that I was dreading having ‘the talk’ with my boss. He can be a nasty piece of work at times but to me he’s usually been pretty good and I have a lot to be grateful about with him.

He took things well though. The last time someone quit work here, she came out of his office crying. This was amicable. He wished me well.

I’m happy with that.

and The ugly

Not work-related but I need to say this. Out with the bad air, in with the good air, I say.

Now I’ve always been an advocate of self-assuredness. Self-confidence. Even a little bit of cockiness and arrogance. But there is such a thing as taking things over the line, so to speak.

I thought I was quite self-absorbed. But I think now there’s someone who kicks my proverbial arse in this department. Delusions of grandeur, overestimated sense of self-importance, the whole lot.

At first it was endearing, then it became annoying, eventually it became laughable and now, I think, it’s just cringe-worthy. Maybe even a little sad. It’s like watching Jane Fonda act like she’s still appealing to men my age. You wanna ridicule her but you just end up feeling sorry for her.

No comments: