Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The best Anzac day ever

I gotta be honest with you, I don't feel Anzac day. It's just a day off for me. I have no real emotional link with the Anzacs and won't pretend to.

But I do enjoy the day off. And I enjoy clocking off early and having a beer or a few on Anzac day eve.

So that's what I did yesterday. Went to the RSL, had a few drinks. And I won a meat tray.

Yes, a MEAT TRAY!

Do you realise how great that is?!

5 beef steaks
5 pork chops
a whole leg of lamb
5 pieces of unidentified meat (I think it's lamb. My mum thinks it's beef.)

Then I went home and watched Pan's Labyrinth with my mum. Fan-bloody-tastic movie. Depressing though. But really poetic, which appeals to me.

Then today, we went to Habibs to farewell James and hung out the rest of the day with good friends, junk food, Frozen Coke and whatever else.

After that I watched TMNT at the cinema and got to use my new 3 phone to check the movie times. That turned out to be a lot more fun than I expected. I would almost say that it was good. But it's probably just because it's TMNT. Because TMNT will always be special.

Anyway, a few years ago I went wil Lil to Centennial park and we brought two sausages and a couple of bread rolls to eat. Then we went bike riding and Lil showed me in disgust that her shorts were wet with sweat. That was a pretty funny Anzac day (anytime you're with a girl with a wet crotch, you know you're having a good day!).

But this was the best Anzac day ever!

Did I mention I won a meat tray?

No comments: