Thursday, September 23, 2004

Two beautiful people eating dead animals

You cooked me a nice meal tonight and I appreciated it. You know, I can be a real dick in the kitchen cos I think I know everything. But I appreciated it. In between the raw bits of the veal and the carrots that refused to cook, it was all very nice.

And then afterwards when we chatted about everything and everyone, that was really nice too. Sorry about my preoccupation with your vibrating stick thing. You know how I get fidgety and end up playing with battery-operated toys.

I just wanna say that I appreciate you. And I just wanna say that here cos if I said it to your face, you’d probably look at me funny.

__________

Sleepwalker's da Vinci Code diary Pt 1

I've jumped on the bandwagon and I'm now reading this damn book. I'm about 100 pages into it so I will either have to buy my own copy or rely on her to shower me with the kindness of an extended loan. This shell which I occupy can only read so fast. And that's not fast at all.

The first thing that pops to mind about Leonardo da Vinci is what my indexing teacher told me at editing school.

You should never put his name under D or V because 'da Vinci' isn't his name at all. He wasn't Mr da Vinci. His name was Leonardo. From Vinci.

Knowing that has not helped me so far. And so far it's been pretty good. Too bad I'm always reading it when this shell is really tired. But it's intriguing and easy to read. Although I sometimes find myself finishing a chapter thinking 'That hardly told me anything at all. Couldn't he have compressed that into three lines? And the whole book into 200 pages maybe?'

I think there's a lot of padding here going on. But then again, I'm just not used to reading such books. It will take some time to adjust methinks.

Let me read some more.

No comments: